Physics/Physics and Experiment

Question
I was thinking... the other day.. how exactly did Gallelio contribute to society or change anything by throwing a few balls from the Tower of Pisa?

Thanks

Answer
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galileo_Galilei Perhaps you should read a little about him before you phrase your question in such a dismissive manner...the man did a ton for science.  He was a major political figure involving heliocentric theory, a major figure in astronomy and the theory of tides, the first person to create a serious telescope...he even invented a method to measure the speed of light (a major departure from thinking that light moved at infinite speed) which would have worked if light wasn't quite so fast.

Physics

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson