Physics/Physics and Experiment

I was thinking... the other day.. how exactly did Gallelio contribute to society or change anything by throwing a few balls from the Tower of Pisa?

Answer Perhaps you should read a little about him before you phrase your question in such a dismissive manner...the man did a ton for science.  He was a major political figure involving heliocentric theory, a major figure in astronomy and the theory of tides, the first person to create a serious telescope...he even invented a method to measure the speed of light (a major departure from thinking that light moved at infinite speed) which would have worked if light wasn't quite so fast.

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson

I can answer most basic physics questions, physics questions about science fiction and everyday observations of physics, etc. I'm also usually good for science fair advice (I'm the regional science fair director). I do not answer homework problems. I will occasionally point out where a homework solution went wrong, though. I'm usually good at explaining odd observations that seem counterintuitive, energy science, nuclear physics, nuclear astrophysics, and alternative theories of physics are my specialties.

I was a physics professor at the University of Texas of the Permian Basin, research in nuclear technology and nuclear astrophysics. My travelling science show saw over 20,000 students of all ages. I taught physics, nuclear chemistry, radiation safety, vacuum technology, and answer tons of questions as I tour schools encouraging students to consider careers in science. I moved on to a non-academic job with more research just recently.

Ph. D. from Duke University in physics, research in nuclear astrophysics reactions, gamma-ray astronomy technology, and advanced nuclear reactors.