Physics/Artificial gravity on spaceships

Hi! I was wondering if we could just put thrusters to a design like Stanford Torus and convert that design to a spaceship with artificial gravity or can we simply use a Stanford torus as a spaceship by putting thrusters to it and modifying it a bit?

I think you're asking the same thing here.  What's the difference?  The problem is technological, in constructing something that massive in space...the energy and fuel requirements are absolutely ridiculous.  It would take the entire economy of the world just to bring one that would house about 10,000 people.

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson

I can answer most basic physics questions, physics questions about science fiction and everyday observations of physics, etc. I'm also usually good for science fair advice (I'm the regional science fair director). I do not answer homework problems. I will occasionally point out where a homework solution went wrong, though. I'm usually good at explaining odd observations that seem counterintuitive, energy science, nuclear physics, nuclear astrophysics, and alternative theories of physics are my specialties.

I was a physics professor at the University of Texas of the Permian Basin, research in nuclear technology and nuclear astrophysics. My travelling science show saw over 20,000 students of all ages. I taught physics, nuclear chemistry, radiation safety, vacuum technology, and answer tons of questions as I tour schools encouraging students to consider careers in science. I moved on to a non-academic job with more research just recently.

Ph. D. from Duke University in physics, research in nuclear astrophysics reactions, gamma-ray astronomy technology, and advanced nuclear reactors.