Physics/HALO UNSC Frigate MAC

Question
Hi! In HALO UNSC frigates have 183 meter long magnetic accelerator cannons that are coilguns that accelerate a 600 ton depleted uranium projectile to 30km/s impacting with 270000000000000 joules which is 64,5 kilotons. This gun takes around a minute to charge.The frigates of UNSC have a mass of 4000 tons which is a big mistake done by game designers because then they are 1/4th of the density of air... But fans have measured a mass of 1 million metric tons. So let's go with that. How feasible does this weapon sound to you and are there any specific problems in it and would the 600 ton deplete uranium projectile even have chances of surviving the atmospheric entry or would it burn up? Would this weapon work?

Answer
Fans "measured" a mass of 1 million metric tons?  How did they "measure" something that doesn't exist, exactly?  This weapon is ridiculous, of course, as is the mass of 4000 tons.  The projectile would "burn" when it hit atmosphere, but would the momentum of the resulting molten/fluid material retain massive momentum?  Yes it would.

Physics

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson