Physics/Methods and methodology

Distinguish between research method and methodology with an example.

Please forgive my delay in responding -- it's the only way I can think of, to ensure I am not assisting with academic work, of which homework is just a small part. Also, as I am unable to determine the veracity of what people post, I can not know whether or not a question involves academic work.

This URL is a good place to start:

In a nutshell, methodology is the study of methods; in science, the study of which methods to use.
An example would be trying to determine whether or not a medicine designed for pain relief actually did so. Methodology would ask which method would be the best tool for doing: should it be tested vs a placebo or another pain reliever? Should it be self-reported in a journal or in an interview? Should there be actual measurements of limb movements or just what a patient reports? The METHODS are what are actually chosen.

Note, however, that English is a very fluid language, and the word "methodology" is rapidly becoming a synonym for "methods."

I can help with understanding physics that does not involve eggs. I will NOT help with academic or professional questions, which are NOT limited only to homework. Please do not waste your time by asking a question that comes out of ANY kind of academic, professional, or business matters.

Have been fascinated by physical laws ever since I learned, at age seven, that magnets work under water. My study continued through college and has not ceased even after I retired.

B.A. in Physics (with honors) from University of California at Berkeley.M.A. in Physics (with honors) from University of Texas Austin.