Physics/Raising the Titanic

Hi! I watched the movie ''Raise the Titanic'' and it got me into thinking whether it's possible these days or not. So I have two questions for you:
1. Do you believe that raising the Titanic is
a) possible
b) plausible
2. And if the Titanic can be raised do you believe that the wreck can be lifted intact?

It's plausible, but the pressure change alone would cause some damage.  I don't see a good way around it.  Even for the historic value, it's just not economically worth raising what's been rusting away for many decades down there at the bottom of the ocean.

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson

I can answer most basic physics questions, physics questions about science fiction and everyday observations of physics, etc. I'm also usually good for science fair advice (I'm the regional science fair director). I do not answer homework problems. I will occasionally point out where a homework solution went wrong, though. I'm usually good at explaining odd observations that seem counterintuitive, energy science, nuclear physics, nuclear astrophysics, and alternative theories of physics are my specialties.

I was a physics professor at the University of Texas of the Permian Basin, research in nuclear technology and nuclear astrophysics. My travelling science show saw over 20,000 students of all ages. I taught physics, nuclear chemistry, radiation safety, vacuum technology, and answer tons of questions as I tour schools encouraging students to consider careers in science. I moved on to a non-academic job with more research just recently.

Ph. D. from Duke University in physics, research in nuclear astrophysics reactions, gamma-ray astronomy technology, and advanced nuclear reactors.