Physics/Upper limit for fusion bombs?

Hi! Fission bombs have an upper limit of about 500 kilotons and it got me to wonder if there were any kind of theoretical upper limit for fusion bombs. Is there any limit?

This question is wrong even for fission weapons.  Besides, a nova is a type of fusion bomb, so there's no really quantifiable limit to a fusion bomb, no.  Where the heck did you get 500 kT?  You should research how a secondary actually works, to see where the energy really comes from...

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson

I can answer most basic physics questions, physics questions about science fiction and everyday observations of physics, etc. I'm also usually good for science fair advice (I'm the regional science fair director). I do not answer homework problems. I will occasionally point out where a homework solution went wrong, though. I'm usually good at explaining odd observations that seem counterintuitive, energy science, nuclear physics, nuclear astrophysics, and alternative theories of physics are my specialties.

I was a physics professor at the University of Texas of the Permian Basin, research in nuclear technology and nuclear astrophysics. My travelling science show saw over 20,000 students of all ages. I taught physics, nuclear chemistry, radiation safety, vacuum technology, and answer tons of questions as I tour schools encouraging students to consider careers in science. I moved on to a non-academic job with more research just recently.

Ph. D. from Duke University in physics, research in nuclear astrophysics reactions, gamma-ray astronomy technology, and advanced nuclear reactors.