Physics/Closed circuit television camera (CCTV) System installations in Locomotives.

Question
Dear Prof Steve

Closed-circuit television camera - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Locomotive - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1. Do you feel the CCTC System is feasible to implement in Locomotives ?. The Display control room for monitoring will be in the Motorman's cabin. CCTC Cameras will be installed in all or specific compartments of the Locomotive.

2. Do you feel security will enhance by implementing CCTC Systems in Locomotives ?.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Answer
Hello Prashant,

1. Do you feel the CCTC System is feasible to implement in Locomotives ?.
If it isn't already provided, yes of course it could be done.

Compared to how it is now I assume. The problem is, I don't know anything about how it is done now. Does the motorman have responsibility for monitoring security in other areas? I would rather he concentrate on driving.

I hope this helps,
Steve

Physics

Steve Johnson