Physics/Conservation of energy

Explain how the energy is conserved in case of a body executing circular motion in a vertical plane. If the speed of body at highest point is 3m/s find its speed at the lowest point, when the radius of circular path is 1m.
Answer it fast sir.

Hello Ankit,

Let the velocity at the top be v1 and the height at the top be 2*r.And let the velocity at the bottom be v2 and the height there be zero. Since energy is conserved, you can say
Total mechanical energy at top = total mechanical energy at the bottom
m*g*2*r + (1/2)*m*v1^2 = (1/2)*m*v2^2
Solve for v2.

I hope this helps,

Steve Johnson

I would be delighted to help with questions up through the first year of college Physics. Particularly Electricity, Electronics and Newtonian Mechanics (motion, acceleration etc.). I decline questions on relativity and Atomic Physics. I also could discuss the Space Shuttle and space flight in general.

I have a BS in Physics and an MS in Electrical Engineering. I am retired now. My professional career was in Electrical Engineering with considerable time spent working with accelerometers, gyroscopes and flight dynamics (Physics related topics) while working on the Space Shuttle. I gave formal classroom lessons to technical co-workers periodically over a several year period.

BS Physics, North Dakota State University
MS Electrical Engineering, North Dakota State University