Physics/Electronic Panel Doors in Commercial Airplanes.

Question
Dear Prof Steve

Is there a single front door near cockpit in commercial planes for passengers and crew members for entry - boarding and exit out of the airplane ?.

If not do you feel there can be also a Rear door constructed near the tail wing in commercial planes ?. Is it feasible to construct a rear door ?.

The Rear door will be only for passengers who are boarding and exit out
of the airplanes while the Front door will be only for the airplane crew members including the pilot, copilot ?.

Do you feel a electronic panel can be constructed on the airplane Front door only for the aircraft crew members who are given identity electronic cards ?. The Front door will be opened only from inside and outside the plane when the electronic card is swapped by the aircraft crew member for entry and exit out of the airplane.

Do you feel this also be extended for the cockpit electronic panel door   where the pilot, copilot has to swap the electronic card to enter and exit the cockpit ?.

Do you feel this may enhance security on the commercial airplane ?.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Answer
Hello Prashant,

For many of them, yes.

Is it feasible to construct a rear door ?.
Yes. Several including the 727 have, or have had, a rear door.

Could be that way I suppose.

Do you feel a electronic panel can be constructed on the airplane Front door only for the aircraft crew members who are given identity electronic cards ?.
Yes of course.

Yes of course.

I don't see any advantage in having the passenger door in the rear. I believe a locking cockpit door is current practice.

I hope this helps,
Steve

Physics

Steve Johnson