Physics/Detergent Powder feed mechanism in Automatic Washing machine.

Dear Prof Steve

Is the Detergent / Bleach or Washing powder feed mechanism also
automated in Automatic washing machine ?.

As a example 2 kg or 1 kg or 500 gm Detergent powder is feed and kept in the Washing machine box. The consumer can select the number of detergent powder Tablespoons i.e.  1 or 2 or 3 etc to be feed for the washing purpose by selecting the Input Number button on the washing machine.

The Washing machine intelligently feeds the amount of detergent powder required for washing depending upon the total number of clothes inside the machine.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Hello Prashant,

It appears that the answer to your question "Is the Detergent / Bleach or Washing powder feed mechanism also automated in Automatic washing machine ? is no. Speaking for myself, I would not pay extra for such a feature.

At least not in the way you describe. In the owner's manual for Samsung's "7Kg Fully Automatic Top Loading Machine with ACTIVWash+", it shows a "one-time amount" of detergent being put into the "detergent box". My source:

I hope this helps,

Steve Johnson

I would be delighted to help with questions up through the first year of college Physics. Particularly Electricity, Electronics and Newtonian Mechanics (motion, acceleration etc.). I decline questions on relativity and Atomic Physics. I also could discuss the Space Shuttle and space flight in general.

I have a BS in Physics and an MS in Electrical Engineering. I am retired now. My professional career was in Electrical Engineering with considerable time spent working with accelerometers, gyroscopes and flight dynamics (Physics related topics) while working on the Space Shuttle. I gave formal classroom lessons to technical co-workers periodically over a several year period.

BS Physics, North Dakota State University
MS Electrical Engineering, North Dakota State University