Physics/Digital Camera Oscilloscope Product.

Dear Prof Steve

Are there Products available in the market which combines the functionality of Digital Oscilloscope and Digital Camera ?.

In case not available, is it feasible to construct/manufacture this dual functionality product ?

Do you feel there are advantages in combining both the features of Digital Oscilloscope and Digital Camera in a single product ?. The digital camera hardware electronics is integrated in the digital oscilloscope product.

The Digital Camera Oscilloscope will capture the waveform signals from the camera lens in the Digital Camera Oscilloscope. The captured images will be saved in the Digital Camera Oscilloscope memory.

Is it possible to transfer the photo images captured from Digital Camera Oscilloscope to Smartphone device using WI-FI or Bluetooth Technology ?.

Both Smartphone and Digital Camera Oscilloscope are Wi-Fi or Bluetooth enabled devices.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Hello Prashant,

Would you want to take your scope outside to get a photo of the sunset? No I guess that's not what you mean. The 2nd link you provided, in the 2nd paragraph talks about output options, including network interface. That's what you're asking for if I understand correctly.

The most current digital scopes that I have used are now 14 year old. They provide output of their data. I am sure that all the features you are suggesting are now common.

I hope this helps,

Steve Johnson

I would be delighted to help with questions up through the first year of college Physics. Particularly Electricity, Electronics and Newtonian Mechanics (motion, acceleration etc.). I decline questions on relativity and Atomic Physics. I also could discuss the Space Shuttle and space flight in general.

I have a BS in Physics and an MS in Electrical Engineering. I am retired now. My professional career was in Electrical Engineering with considerable time spent working with accelerometers, gyroscopes and flight dynamics (Physics related topics) while working on the Space Shuttle. I gave formal classroom lessons to technical co-workers periodically over a several year period.

BS Physics, North Dakota State University
MS Electrical Engineering, North Dakota State University