Ionocraft produces thrust by accelerating ions.But to accelerate ions more current has to be given.Can we accelerate ions with the help of plasma.

Yes.  There are many designs, the particulars of which are best found if you just google search "magnetohydrodynamic drive" and follow links that have nothing to do with the Tom Clancy novel "The Hunt for Red October."  Those are just fiction for submarines.  The technology is pretty old, and commonly employed for shunting drives in satellites already.

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson

I can answer most basic physics questions, physics questions about science fiction and everyday observations of physics, etc. I'm also usually good for science fair advice (I'm the regional science fair director). I do not answer homework problems. I will occasionally point out where a homework solution went wrong, though. I'm usually good at explaining odd observations that seem counterintuitive, energy science, nuclear physics, nuclear astrophysics, and alternative theories of physics are my specialties.

I was a physics professor at the University of Texas of the Permian Basin, research in nuclear technology and nuclear astrophysics. My travelling science show saw over 20,000 students of all ages. I taught physics, nuclear chemistry, radiation safety, vacuum technology, and answer tons of questions as I tour schools encouraging students to consider careers in science. I moved on to a non-academic job with more research just recently.

Ph. D. from Duke University in physics, research in nuclear astrophysics reactions, gamma-ray astronomy technology, and advanced nuclear reactors.