Physics/physics assignment

Hey steve i'm doing my 1st year B.Sc. physics and i'm supposed to make a working model and my topic is "Mechanics"..I dont know wat to do and how to get started with..please give me some suggestion

A working model of what?  A physical working model, or a mathematical one?  That could be anything at all.  You could build a wind turbine.  You could build a steam engine.  You could build this turbine: if you want.  Heck, at you can get the parts printed up for you to assemble it from.  I mean, do you have any restrictions or directions aside from "mechanics?"  If not, then pick some kind of machine and build it.  You can mix up common parts to make a vehicle, or a drill.  There's really not much to go on, so pick something you like.  Personally, I would make some kind of watercraft, because it would amuse me to see how fast I could make it go.  

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson

I can answer most basic physics questions, physics questions about science fiction and everyday observations of physics, etc. I'm also usually good for science fair advice (I'm the regional science fair director). I do not answer homework problems. I will occasionally point out where a homework solution went wrong, though. I'm usually good at explaining odd observations that seem counterintuitive, energy science, nuclear physics, nuclear astrophysics, and alternative theories of physics are my specialties.

I was a physics professor at the University of Texas of the Permian Basin, research in nuclear technology and nuclear astrophysics. My travelling science show saw over 20,000 students of all ages. I taught physics, nuclear chemistry, radiation safety, vacuum technology, and answer tons of questions as I tour schools encouraging students to consider careers in science. I moved on to a non-academic job with more research just recently.

Ph. D. from Duke University in physics, research in nuclear astrophysics reactions, gamma-ray astronomy technology, and advanced nuclear reactors.