Physics/physics assignment

Question
Hey steve i'm doing my 1st year B.Sc. physics and i'm supposed to make a working model and my topic is "Mechanics"..I dont know wat to do and how to get started with..please give me some suggestion

Answer
A working model of what?  A physical working model, or a mathematical one?  That could be anything at all.  You could build a wind turbine.  You could build a steam engine.  You could build this turbine: http://wonderfulengineering.com/build-your-own-working-jet-engine-model-at-home/ if you want.  Heck, at amazon.com you can get the parts printed up for you to assemble it from.  I mean, do you have any restrictions or directions aside from "mechanics?"  If not, then pick some kind of machine and build it.  You can mix up common parts to make a vehicle, or a drill.  There's really not much to go on, so pick something you like.  Personally, I would make some kind of watercraft, because it would amuse me to see how fast I could make it go.  

Physics

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson