Physics/Tension belts

Question
My 3D printer may require I adjust the tension of the tension belts to fix axis shifting. The printer makers seem to want people to play it by touch. I was wondering if there is an instrument  for checking tension on a rubber belt?

Answer
Most belts which require tightening like this are for much larger and more powerful motors, like cars.  Just google "tension gauge" and you'll turn up dozens of products...but all for much larger systems.  For smaller systems, I'd recommend doing it by hand.  The human sense of touch is surprisingly accurate.  However, Grainger sells a range of them, and they usually have a local warehouse (gigantic corporation) nearby that can ship immediately.  I recall ordering a compressor when I lived in Odessa (Texas, not  Ukraine) and getting it on my doorstep by the time I got home from work that same day.

Physics

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson