Physics/vector calculus

i get confused with the theorems , my teacher is just saying to mug it up.......sir can u plz explain why are they used-  green divergence , stokes theorem, greens theorem??????????

Theorems are tools to take shortcuts in problem solving.  By identifying general conditions where solutions to suitable vector field problems always apply, the steps involved in the proof can be omitted from a larger proof.  Therefore, for example, if you have circulation in a fluid mechanics problem where Stokes theorem applies, you don't have to go proving the relationship between the integral circulation in the region and the circulation at the boundary.  You can just use Stokes theorem.  Example:  This is just one example, the theorems you mention apply on a case-by-case basis in physics problems.

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson

I can answer most basic physics questions, physics questions about science fiction and everyday observations of physics, etc. I'm also usually good for science fair advice (I'm the regional science fair director). I do not answer homework problems. I will occasionally point out where a homework solution went wrong, though. I'm usually good at explaining odd observations that seem counterintuitive, energy science, nuclear physics, nuclear astrophysics, and alternative theories of physics are my specialties.

I was a physics professor at the University of Texas of the Permian Basin, research in nuclear technology and nuclear astrophysics. My travelling science show saw over 20,000 students of all ages. I taught physics, nuclear chemistry, radiation safety, vacuum technology, and answer tons of questions as I tour schools encouraging students to consider careers in science. I moved on to a non-academic job with more research just recently.

Ph. D. from Duke University in physics, research in nuclear astrophysics reactions, gamma-ray astronomy technology, and advanced nuclear reactors.