Physics/atomic structures

Question

Has a proton, electron or an atom had ever been seen individually? We say that proton and neutron are present in nucleus and electron revolves around the nucleus ? What is the evidence for this? We say that in benzene, carbon atoms are joined in hexagonal shape with double bonds, but did any one saw that and has it been proved?

Answer
"Seeing" depends on what you mean. Detections using instruments of various types have certainly measured many of the properties of all of the mentioned particles. As for direct imaging, yes! Some recent advances in imaging molecules have been amazing! Go to http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2013/05/atomic-level-images/ to see the rings you are referring to.

Physics

James J. Kovalcin