Physics/Do blue protons turn reddish with time?

Question
DO BLUE PHOTONS TURN REDDISH WITH TIME...?
If a photon is to obey 2nd thermodynamics law, it might reduce its energy with very long times by changing its wavelength, thus producing a red-shifting effect that is a function of time (= distance).
What if photons, following 2nd law of thermodynamics actually change its wavelength (red shift) with time (= distance) and what Hubble interpreted as evidence of an increasingly expanding universe just mean that light coming to Earth from farther distances (= longer times) will show greater red shifting?
This would explain why Earth seems to be the geometrical center of the expanding universe and would be the same law at any point of the universe.
...OR IS RED SHIFTING FURTHER SHIFTING?
Is there any evidence that for all 1a supernovas red shifting is INCREASING, thus proving that universe is actually expanding and moving away from Earth?

Answer
> If a photon is to obey 2nd thermodynamics law

Here's the flaw in your essay, right at the start. Photons -- indeed, any OBJECT in complete isolation from other objects -- do NOT dissipate energy over time, SYSTEMS do. An individual molecule or photon will continue along, with no change in energy, until that object interacts with another object. For a gas molecule on our planet, that happens so quickly that hot (ie, high velocity) molecules reach thermo-equilibrium with their environment (ie, reduce their velocity) fairly quickly. Thus, the SYSTEM obeys the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics, even if not every molecule actually decreases its energy over time.

But let's say that photons DO become red-shifted over time (or distance, if you prefer), even if not due to a law that does not apply to them. This idea, first proposed in the 1930s, is called the "Tired Light Hypothesis." It has been completely refuted over the decades.

http://www.astro.ucla.edu/~wright/tiredlit.htm

> This would explain why Earth seems to be the geometrical center of the expanding universe
> and would be the same law at any point of the universe.

Please be aware that Hubble Expansion does NOT state that we are anywhere near the center of our Universe. Indeed, it does not even contend that distant galaxies are even moving away from us! The red shift is due to the expansion of SPACE ITSELF, not due to the movement of galaxies through space. As you correctly not, all observers in every part of our Universe will see the exact same red-shift of distant galaxies as we do.

Physics

Expert