Physics/Invisibility cloaks

I was thinking about invisibility cloaks the other day and this issue started bugging me. Wouldn't the invisibility cloak make its user blind because it would bend the light around the user making it impossible to see because no photons impact the retina?

Unless it absorbed the light and rebroadcast it, you are correct.  It would leave the user blind.  The thing is, you can get away with seeing with orders of magnitude lower light than would hit the cloak, so it's possible you would still be able to see, and with image-enhancing sensors it would be even more likely in a science fiction scenario.

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson

I can answer most basic physics questions, physics questions about science fiction and everyday observations of physics, etc. I'm also usually good for science fair advice (I'm the regional science fair director). I do not answer homework problems. I will occasionally point out where a homework solution went wrong, though. I'm usually good at explaining odd observations that seem counterintuitive, energy science, nuclear physics, nuclear astrophysics, and alternative theories of physics are my specialties.

I was a physics professor at the University of Texas of the Permian Basin, research in nuclear technology and nuclear astrophysics. My travelling science show saw over 20,000 students of all ages. I taught physics, nuclear chemistry, radiation safety, vacuum technology, and answer tons of questions as I tour schools encouraging students to consider careers in science. I moved on to a non-academic job with more research just recently.

Ph. D. from Duke University in physics, research in nuclear astrophysics reactions, gamma-ray astronomy technology, and advanced nuclear reactors.