Physics/Invisibility cloaks

Question
I was thinking about invisibility cloaks the other day and this issue started bugging me. Wouldn't the invisibility cloak make its user blind because it would bend the light around the user making it impossible to see because no photons impact the retina?

Answer
Unless it absorbed the light and rebroadcast it, you are correct.  It would leave the user blind.  The thing is, you can get away with seeing with orders of magnitude lower light than would hit the cloak, so it's possible you would still be able to see, and with image-enhancing sensors it would be even more likely in a science fiction scenario.

Physics

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson