Physics/How long does it take to create a microgram of antimatter?

How long would it take for the LHC to produce a microgram of anti matter?

That's a very complicated question, but at CERN (the institute which runs the LHC), they came up with a good answer to that here:  It describes how much time it would take to create enough hydrogen to fill a toy balloon.  You have to make the assumption of the volume of that balloon, but basically you can say that the absolute pressure inside is very close to atmospheric (again, absolute terms) and about 0.01 mL of hydrogen gas (close to 1 microgram) would require somewhere in the hundreds of thousands of years to create by their own estimates.  Yes, a very long time indeed.

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson

I can answer most basic physics questions, physics questions about science fiction and everyday observations of physics, etc. I'm also usually good for science fair advice (I'm the regional science fair director). I do not answer homework problems. I will occasionally point out where a homework solution went wrong, though. I'm usually good at explaining odd observations that seem counterintuitive, energy science, nuclear physics, nuclear astrophysics, and alternative theories of physics are my specialties.

I was a physics professor at the University of Texas of the Permian Basin, research in nuclear technology and nuclear astrophysics. My travelling science show saw over 20,000 students of all ages. I taught physics, nuclear chemistry, radiation safety, vacuum technology, and answer tons of questions as I tour schools encouraging students to consider careers in science. I moved on to a non-academic job with more research just recently.

Ph. D. from Duke University in physics, research in nuclear astrophysics reactions, gamma-ray astronomy technology, and advanced nuclear reactors.