Physics/Magnetic Flux Problem

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to look at this problem.

A rectangular loop of wire is moving toward the bottom of the page with a speed of 0.015 m/s (see the drawing). The loop is leaving a region in which a 2.4 T magnetic field exists; the magnetic field outside this region is zero. During a time of 2.0 s, what is the magnitude of the change in the magnetic flux?

drawing shown in this link:

Thanks again for your help

Assuming that initially the entire loop was within the field, the change in flux Dphi [D represents delta] would be:
Dphi=D(B*A)=B*DA=B*D(x*y)=B*x*Dy=B*x[Vy*t]=2.4*0.080*0.015*2=0.00576 Weber
Where B is the magnetic field, x is the width of the loop, Vy is the velocity of the loop and t is the time for the loop to exit the magnetic field.

James J. Kovalcin

I am teaching or have taught AP physics B and C [calculus based mechanics & electricity and magnetism] as well as Lab Physics for college bound students. I have a BS in Physics from the University of Pittsburgh and a Master of Arts in Teaching from same. I have been teaching physics for 34 years. I am constantly updating my skills and have a particular interest in modern physics topics.