Physics/physics

Question
Note: please give clear answer and clear work so I may understand
2)How much work does the electric field do in moving a proton from a point with a potential of +90 V to a point where it is -46 V? Express your answer both in joules and electron volts.

Answer
As in the previous question, work done is equal to the product of the charge and the change in electric potential:
W=dV*q
In this case the change in electric potential dV is -46V - 90V = -135V
Therefore, the work done by the electric field in this case will be:
W=-135V * 1.6 x 10^(-19)C = -2.16 x 10^(-17)J
Therefore the energy lost by the electric field will be 2.16 x 10^(-17)J while the proton gains 2.16 x 10^(-17)J of energy.

Physics

James J. Kovalcin