Physics/Predict the future

Question
Hello Expert;

Do you think it's possible for someone to create a program using a programming language to win the lottery?

I would like to know what do you think about this subject. Thanks

Answer
Although this is a physics board, not a computer one, I think my answer is correct:

No.

Lottery numbers are designed to be as random an event as possible. By definition, one cannot predict a random event in advance. You can spend time trying to write a computer program to predict tomorrow's lottery numbers, or you can pick numbers at random. Over time, your probability of success in choosing the winning numbers by either method will be exactly the same.

I know for a fact that people have CLAIMED to have written programs to do exactly what you describe. But these claims are pure bull hockey.

Physics

Expert