Physics/Predict the future

Hello Expert;

Do you think it's possible for someone to create a program using a programming language to win the lottery?

I would like to know what do you think about this subject. Thanks

Although this is a physics board, not a computer one, I think my answer is correct:

Lottery numbers are designed to be as random an event as possible. By definition, one cannot predict a random event in advance. You can spend time trying to write a computer program to predict tomorrow's lottery numbers, or you can pick numbers at random. Over time, your probability of success in choosing the winning numbers by either method will be exactly the same.

I know for a fact that people have CLAIMED to have written programs to do exactly what you describe. But these claims are pure bull hockey.

I can help with understanding physics that does not involve eggs. I will NOT help with academic or professional questions, which are NOT limited only to homework. Please do not waste your time by asking a question that comes out of ANY kind of academic, professional, or business matters.

Have been fascinated by physical laws ever since I learned, at age seven, that magnets work under water. My study continued through college and has not ceased even after I retired.

B.A. in Physics (with honors) from University of California at Berkeley.M.A. in Physics (with honors) from University of Texas Austin.