Physics/regarding black holes

Question

How are black holes created? I read that gravitation force near black holes is extremely strong? What is the cause of such strong force? I also read that if we keep cutting an object such that its size is less than the plank's length, black hole can be created, is that true? Is there any experimental or mathematical proof for the same?

Regards.

Answer
The cause of the super-high gravitation of a black hole is the very large mass.  They're formed by collapsing stars that have no more fuel left to sustain their size thermally.  When they collapse beyond a certain lower limit in size their gravitation gets so strong that light can't escape.  This happens in a supernova.

As far as dividing mass to the Planck length, that will not create a black hole.  

There's tons of observations of black holes.  You can't see the black hole itself, but you can see the extremely condensed matter (called the accretion disk) the swirls around it.  That disk creates some of the brightest x-ray emissions in the known universe.

Physics

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson