Physics/Energy Mass relationship

Question
We understand that energy (in Joules) equals a certain amount of mass (in kilograms). We also know from an electronics aspect that Joules can be measured in watts/second. I have a question however. There is something called peak power. If I have a 1 watt power pulse with a width of 1 femtosecond, though the average power is 1 watt (1 joule), the peak power would be around 9x10^14. This 1 joule of power reflects a certain mass. When I get peak power, does the mass per pulse change, or is the mass constant?

Answer
No, joules=watts*seconds, not the other way around.  A Joule/second is a Watt.  And if you have a joule in  a femtosecond, you have 10^15 Watts of average power.  Mass and energy are related by E=mc^2, where c is the speed of light (3*10^8 m/s).  I don't know where you got that number, it makes no sense.

Physics

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson