Physics/The motion of hydraulic cylinders

Question
Is there any difference between the motion of a hydraulic cylinder being shaken back and forth, and a hydraulic cylinder being shaken back and forth while the cylinder is extended outword at the same time.

Answer
Hydraulic cylinders are generally very powerful.  You would have to shake it very hard to notice at all.  The shaking will create pressure fluctuations in the fluid inside, so I suppose how much of an effect this has depends vastly on the design of your fluid pump and how robust it is.  It will also depend on the mass of the piston.

Physics

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson