Physics/question about particle physics and radioactivity.

A nucleus doesn't contain electron yet we can extract electron
from it. How is it possible ?? And, although B(beta particle)
has same mass and charge as that of electron how do they differ
from each other? Please help with an example if possible. Thank
You :)

We still satisfy all the physical laws necessary in beta decay.  A beta is an electron, they're not different particles in the slightest.  You might get some people insisting that their origins give them different names, but the particles are identical in every way.  When a nucleus with a badly unbalanced number of protons and neutrons becomes more stable, it usually does this (example, tritium...or 3H... see the top part of for a detailed energy level diagram) by emitting an electron and an antineutrino.  The electron carries away charge, which allows a neutron to turn into a proton.  That helps balance the neutron-proton number and the nucleus relaxes by giving up energy in the process.  All the little sub-particles cooperate to make it happen by making sure that all the spins and energies and momentum add up right at the end.  In the above case, a neutron becomes a proton by giving up negative charge to become a positively charged particle (the second protong in 3He).  There's nothing wrong with the process, the electron is created with an electron-type antineutrino.

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson

I can answer most basic physics questions, physics questions about science fiction and everyday observations of physics, etc. I'm also usually good for science fair advice (I'm the regional science fair director). I do not answer homework problems. I will occasionally point out where a homework solution went wrong, though. I'm usually good at explaining odd observations that seem counterintuitive, energy science, nuclear physics, nuclear astrophysics, and alternative theories of physics are my specialties.

I was a physics professor at the University of Texas of the Permian Basin, research in nuclear technology and nuclear astrophysics. My travelling science show saw over 20,000 students of all ages. I taught physics, nuclear chemistry, radiation safety, vacuum technology, and answer tons of questions as I tour schools encouraging students to consider careers in science. I moved on to a non-academic job with more research just recently.

Ph. D. from Duke University in physics, research in nuclear astrophysics reactions, gamma-ray astronomy technology, and advanced nuclear reactors.