Physics/Water flow/gravity question

I have a water source at 210mAOD, currently feeding a header tank (approximately 1km away via a PE pipe) at 195mAOD, with a variable gradient between the two. If i lower the level of the pipe in the middle - to say 190mAOD (ie below the level of the water tank), will the water source still gravity feed the header tank?

I have no idea what these units are.  You might be better off asking a civil engineer or someone like that.  But it should now, from a pure physics point of view, matter where the drop happens in a siphon.  Beginning or end, the flow should be the same.

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson

I can answer most basic physics questions, physics questions about science fiction and everyday observations of physics, etc. I'm also usually good for science fair advice (I'm the regional science fair director). I do not answer homework problems. I will occasionally point out where a homework solution went wrong, though. I'm usually good at explaining odd observations that seem counterintuitive, energy science, nuclear physics, nuclear astrophysics, and alternative theories of physics are my specialties.

I was a physics professor at the University of Texas of the Permian Basin, research in nuclear technology and nuclear astrophysics. My travelling science show saw over 20,000 students of all ages. I taught physics, nuclear chemistry, radiation safety, vacuum technology, and answer tons of questions as I tour schools encouraging students to consider careers in science. I moved on to a non-academic job with more research just recently.

Ph. D. from Duke University in physics, research in nuclear astrophysics reactions, gamma-ray astronomy technology, and advanced nuclear reactors.