Are ferrofluids magnetic also when heated to really hot temperatures? Like could we make a gun that magnetically propels ferrofluid that is let's say 1200 degrees of celcius in temperature?

No, that's how they work to cool high-powered speaker systems.  You pass the curie temperature and the metal nanoparticles lose their magnetization.  In high-powered speakers, this is used to make sure that cold magnetic fluid is drawn to the speaker magnets, which run hot.  1200 C would probably destroy any known ferrofluid, that's crazy-hot, like glassmaking hot.  Nuclear power plants only put out (normal ones) 450 C steam.

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson

I can answer most basic physics questions, physics questions about science fiction and everyday observations of physics, etc. I'm also usually good for science fair advice (I'm the regional science fair director). I do not answer homework problems. I will occasionally point out where a homework solution went wrong, though. I'm usually good at explaining odd observations that seem counterintuitive, energy science, nuclear physics, nuclear astrophysics, and alternative theories of physics are my specialties.

I was a physics professor at the University of Texas of the Permian Basin, research in nuclear technology and nuclear astrophysics. My travelling science show saw over 20,000 students of all ages. I taught physics, nuclear chemistry, radiation safety, vacuum technology, and answer tons of questions as I tour schools encouraging students to consider careers in science. I moved on to a non-academic job with more research just recently.

Ph. D. from Duke University in physics, research in nuclear astrophysics reactions, gamma-ray astronomy technology, and advanced nuclear reactors.