Physics/Hi, I have question....

Question
I am wondering , I hit ball and speed of ball was 55 miles per hour, if I hit ball again with same speed but more weight , does ball speed will change ? (Like: 100 miles per hour )

Thank you.

Answer
Hello Jack,

If you hit the ball, that implies that you exerted a force on it for some period of time. So the velocity must change. The velocity change could be an increase, a decrease, and/or a change in direction; depending on the direction of the force. If the force is in the direction of the original velocity, it could increase the speed from 55 mph to 100 mph, depending on the magnitude of the force and the amount of time that force is exerted.

I hope this helps,
Steve

Physics

Steve Johnson