Physics/Quantum entanglement

I kind of don't get quantum entanglement but I heard it was very interesting would you like to try and explain it to me ?

A full explanation of quantum entanglement is well beyond the scope of this forum.  Basic quantum entanglement experiments involve entangling the quantum properties of two particles in such a way so that one is related to the other in such a way (even to physics, the exact process is not fully understood yet) that when one quantum state is measured it fixes the linked quantum property of the entangled particle in the pair.  There's a lot more to quantum entanglement, of course, but you should really just read up on the subject.

Before you start on quantum entanglement, I highly recommend you start with a good understanding of quantum mechanics itself.  Otherwise, you will never really understand the terms used when you read about the more advanced topic of entanglement and will make the usual mistake:  assigning what you think the terms mean when you don't really use the physicists' definitions.  That's why there's so much confusion about light being "both a particle and a wave."  Particle seems to imply to most people something localized and "solid."  What a physicist means is that it is an object that is not divided up, but absorbed or emitted as a whole unit...even if its form is a distributed wave like a photon is.  The difference in understanding the terms based on their origin will profoundly affect your understanding of the more advanced topic of quantum entanglement.  I suggest you start with Griffith's text Quantum Mechanics.  It's very readable for a textbook and will give you a good start.  *Then* move on to entanglement.

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson

I can answer most basic physics questions, physics questions about science fiction and everyday observations of physics, etc. I'm also usually good for science fair advice (I'm the regional science fair director). I do not answer homework problems. I will occasionally point out where a homework solution went wrong, though. I'm usually good at explaining odd observations that seem counterintuitive, energy science, nuclear physics, nuclear astrophysics, and alternative theories of physics are my specialties.

I was a physics professor at the University of Texas of the Permian Basin, research in nuclear technology and nuclear astrophysics. My travelling science show saw over 20,000 students of all ages. I taught physics, nuclear chemistry, radiation safety, vacuum technology, and answer tons of questions as I tour schools encouraging students to consider careers in science. I moved on to a non-academic job with more research just recently.

Ph. D. from Duke University in physics, research in nuclear astrophysics reactions, gamma-ray astronomy technology, and advanced nuclear reactors.