Physics/Windscreen Wiper Applications.

Question
Dear Prof Steve

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windscreen_wiper

https://www.google.co.in/search?q=window+glass+panes&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=0eesU9y-OYSzuATkzoLwBQ&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ&biw=1280&bih=699

1. Is it possible to implement Windscreen Wiper for cleaning window panes in Offices and Residential places apart from its application in Automobiles ?.

Can A remote control with push buttons be designed for the Windscreen wiper for different operations viz Start, Stop, Increasing/Decreasing the speed of the Wiper for cleaning the window glass panes ?.

2. Do you feel this system can be useful (if feasible for manufacturing) for consumers to install  in Residences and
Offices for automatic cleaning of window panes ?.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Answer
Hello Prashant,

1. Yes I think a system with those features could be made.

2. The system could be useful, but the problem is that it would be expensive to design so that it would work well. And it would use much more of the washing fluid than the old way used and would probably need mainrenance often.

I hope this helps,
Steve

Physics

Steve Johnson