Physics/Young's double slit experiment, with asymmetric blocking.

Is this correct? I cannot find confirmation.
Young's double slit experiment, with asymmetric blocking.
Young inserted a shield between the slits and the screen, covering half of the screen. He found that it blocked the interference pattern on both sides.

Thank you.

Actually, Young's experiment has never been fully performed.  It has been simulated with lasers, yes, as the link you shared showed...but not until recently.  And not by Young himself.  It is a gedankenexperiment, a thought experiment and not a physical one.  Most people are unaware of this fact.

In general, light obeys its wave equations for travel.  It obeys its particle nature for absorption or emission (meaning as a whole unit, nothing more and nothing less).  The "blocking" you mention has not yet been observed in a physics paper that I've read in a peer-reviewed journal...if you come across something in arxiv or some place like that, please let me know.

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson

I can answer most basic physics questions, physics questions about science fiction and everyday observations of physics, etc. I'm also usually good for science fair advice (I'm the regional science fair director). I do not answer homework problems. I will occasionally point out where a homework solution went wrong, though. I'm usually good at explaining odd observations that seem counterintuitive, energy science, nuclear physics, nuclear astrophysics, and alternative theories of physics are my specialties.

I was a physics professor at the University of Texas of the Permian Basin, research in nuclear technology and nuclear astrophysics. My travelling science show saw over 20,000 students of all ages. I taught physics, nuclear chemistry, radiation safety, vacuum technology, and answer tons of questions as I tour schools encouraging students to consider careers in science. I moved on to a non-academic job with more research just recently.

Ph. D. from Duke University in physics, research in nuclear astrophysics reactions, gamma-ray astronomy technology, and advanced nuclear reactors.