Physics/Power Steering functions in automobiles.

Question
Power steering
Power steering  
Dear Prof Steve

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_steering

Is it also possible to integrate the Brake, Accelerator Functions available to the Driver available on the Steering wheel to the Driver through re-engineering process ?.

If it is possible, then do you feel this could be advantageous to the current acceleration, braking mechanism available to the driver near the feet ?.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Answer
This has already been done, like most questions you ask me about.  Some motorcycles and some cars which are retrofitted for legless drivers are already like this.  There's no advantage, that comes in the mechanisms of accelerating and braking themselves and not in the control mechanism.

Physics

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson