Physics/air velocity

Question
100 p.s.i. charge in a 1700 gallon air tank
12 inch pneumatic buterfly valve
reducing chamber from 12 inches to 10 inches
40 foot long barrel that it 10 inches in diameter
question: at what speed will the air accelerate to by the time it reaches the end of the barrel?

Answer
Well, if this is an air cannon, then thy answer is radically different. However, based on the dimensions you've given and pipe flow dynamics, you're going to be severely limited by sonic shock waves for such a system to the speed of sound. If you want a more detailed answer, you'll need an engineer with cannon experience, but discharging this into the air should give you an answer very close to the speed of sound.

Physics

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson