Physics/planning and design lab

Question
QUESTION: am currently doing a planning and design lab in physics and am suppose tell how the terminal velocity of the parachute depends upon the load and the diameter of a canopy.what kind of procedure would i have to carry out in this experiment

ANSWER: This, of course, has been extensively researched.  I was about to launch into a lengthy explanation of how weight = drag...but it's all been better explained by other people already... and with pictures:

http://www.pcprg.com/rounddes.htm
http://www.grc.nasa.gov/WWW/k-12/VirtualAero/BottleRocket/airplane/rktvrecv.html

QUESTION: so what am i going to manipulate in this lab, and how should the graph look

Answer
Now, at this point, you're asking me to do your homework.  You have to determine these things.  You obviously manipulate parameters that you can in the equations and make a graph based on that.  What is up to you, it's a planning and design lab, you have to determine that for yourself.  Look at the equation and design an experiment around what you can manipulate for an independent variable and what you can measure for a dependent variable.

Physics

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson