Physics/Electric current

Question
Presently we are being taught about the magnetic effect of electric current.
Could you please explain why a current carrying conductor produces a magnetic field.

Answer
This is an observed phenomena that moving charges create a magnetic field.  As to exactly WHY the laws of physics are the way they are, no one has the answer to that question (though is you ask a few crackpots or really arrogant theorists they might insist that they do).  That's the way charges and magnetic fields work.  There is a pretty good youtube video on the field of a point charge here, though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waTF7kjmmt8

Physics

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson