Physics/Electric current

Presently we are being taught about the magnetic effect of electric current.
Could you please explain why a current carrying conductor produces a magnetic field.

This is an observed phenomena that moving charges create a magnetic field.  As to exactly WHY the laws of physics are the way they are, no one has the answer to that question (though is you ask a few crackpots or really arrogant theorists they might insist that they do).  That's the way charges and magnetic fields work.  There is a pretty good youtube video on the field of a point charge here, though:

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson

I can answer most basic physics questions, physics questions about science fiction and everyday observations of physics, etc. I'm also usually good for science fair advice (I'm the regional science fair director). I do not answer homework problems. I will occasionally point out where a homework solution went wrong, though. I'm usually good at explaining odd observations that seem counterintuitive, energy science, nuclear physics, nuclear astrophysics, and alternative theories of physics are my specialties.

I was a physics professor at the University of Texas of the Permian Basin, research in nuclear technology and nuclear astrophysics. My travelling science show saw over 20,000 students of all ages. I taught physics, nuclear chemistry, radiation safety, vacuum technology, and answer tons of questions as I tour schools encouraging students to consider careers in science. I moved on to a non-academic job with more research just recently.

Ph. D. from Duke University in physics, research in nuclear astrophysics reactions, gamma-ray astronomy technology, and advanced nuclear reactors.