Physics/Newtonian physics

Question
What is the minimum external force required to change condition of a body in unform motion or in a state of rest?

Answer
Hello Sachin,

To consider all cases that you may experience, rather than consider an external force, you need to look at the NET force (which is the vector sum of all forces acting on the object). If there is a non-zero net force on a body, there will be an acceleration of the body. If this non-zero net force is tiny (compared to what the body sees in other situations), the acceleration will be tiny (compared to other accelerations). But the acceleration will have a value that is not zero.

There is no minimum. Any non-zero net force, and the resulting acceleration, will change condition of a body in uniform motion or in a state of rest - whichever the original state was.

I hope this helps,
Steve

Physics

Steve Johnson