Physics/electric field

Question
why the electric field is same at all points of infinitely long charged rod?

Answer
I assume you mean, "why is it the same at all points equidistant from an infinitely long charged rod?"  The distance from the rod's center matters.  The distance from a charged plane does not matter, but the reasons for it are obvious.  No matter where you move long a charged rod, it looks the same if it is infinitely long.  Therefore, the field is the same.  No matter what point you start at, you can't do the integral over the charged parts any differently to determine the electric field.

Physics

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson