Physics/Iron Man

I like to know about the power source that used in the movie and I like to know whether it can be possbile to make a power source like that.The thrusters in his hands and legs.Is there an instrument that can produce thrust with electricity.How can these things possibly happen.Please explain me sir.

Thank you..

That power source was the central piece of fiction.  There is no such power source.  If I (or anyone) knew how to make an "arc reactor" like in that movie, the world would have no energy problems at all.  The movie needed a fictional power source to power such a piece of technology.  The character was designed decades ago, as a work of pure fiction.

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson

I can answer most basic physics questions, physics questions about science fiction and everyday observations of physics, etc. I'm also usually good for science fair advice (I'm the regional science fair director). I do not answer homework problems. I will occasionally point out where a homework solution went wrong, though. I'm usually good at explaining odd observations that seem counterintuitive, energy science, nuclear physics, nuclear astrophysics, and alternative theories of physics are my specialties.

I was a physics professor at the University of Texas of the Permian Basin, research in nuclear technology and nuclear astrophysics. My travelling science show saw over 20,000 students of all ages. I taught physics, nuclear chemistry, radiation safety, vacuum technology, and answer tons of questions as I tour schools encouraging students to consider careers in science. I moved on to a non-academic job with more research just recently.

Ph. D. from Duke University in physics, research in nuclear astrophysics reactions, gamma-ray astronomy technology, and advanced nuclear reactors.