Physics/What is low frequency electromagnetic waves?

Question
need information about this
need information about  
Physics question. What is low frequency electromagnetic waves? - I need to know: What is low frequency electromagnetic waves? How does it work? What uses low frequency electromagnetic waves, where can I find them? I meant I need to know: low frequency electromagnetic waves in lower stages than radio waves. I need to do slides about this, so i need more information... Need help!

Answer
Low frequency electromagnetic waves are radio waves.  We don't really make much of a technical distinction at such large wavelengths.  In the frequencies you're interested in, there are few practical uses for such electromagnetic waves.  We have very large antenna arrays for investigating the structure of Earth's ionosphere, and other antenna arrays for communicating with submarines (though that process is shrouded in secrecy).  They occur naturally from sources like the Sun and lightning strikes, and are a minor byproduct of high-voltage power transmission.  Electromagnetic waves tend to interact with antennas that are of roughly the same length scale as the wave itself, since that's usually the best wavelength for it to move electrical charges around.  There's a lot of misinformation out there suggesting that low frequency electromagnetic waves have a variety of medical or environmental effects, but no real, concrete studies have proven that at all.

Physics

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson