Physics/Small light.

QUESTION: I was wondering what the smallest lightbulb is? I read about the graphene light made from a layer of carbon atoms but that is too small. I was wondering about small Christmas lights on a power cord. I wanted to consider the possibility of making a miniature christmas tree with just as many blinking lights strung around it. Maybe with enough detail that when photographed with a macro lens people can't tell the difference. lol.

ANSWER: It's not really a physics question, and you can google "tiny LEDs" and get better results for what you want than you can asking a physicist.  I did that and came up with tons of links, like this one:

QUESTION: Well when I looked for Christmas lights specifically they didn't have anything small than what one might expect and bulbs in general mostly turned up household types. I guess I'll look more into those nano bulbs to see what can be done with them. Thanks.

If you're fine with something commercial but just small, maybe you want this:

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson

I can answer most basic physics questions, physics questions about science fiction and everyday observations of physics, etc. I'm also usually good for science fair advice (I'm the regional science fair director). I do not answer homework problems. I will occasionally point out where a homework solution went wrong, though. I'm usually good at explaining odd observations that seem counterintuitive, energy science, nuclear physics, nuclear astrophysics, and alternative theories of physics are my specialties.

I was a physics professor at the University of Texas of the Permian Basin, research in nuclear technology and nuclear astrophysics. My travelling science show saw over 20,000 students of all ages. I taught physics, nuclear chemistry, radiation safety, vacuum technology, and answer tons of questions as I tour schools encouraging students to consider careers in science. I moved on to a non-academic job with more research just recently.

Ph. D. from Duke University in physics, research in nuclear astrophysics reactions, gamma-ray astronomy technology, and advanced nuclear reactors.