Physics/hitting power 2

Dear Sir.
Thank you for your answer for former hitting power.
May I ask one more question related fromer question.
I almost understand that high velocity water has a lot of energy to cut or perforate some hard one.
What I want to know is  the velocity is 70cm/s with the 70mm of liquid, does it have enough power to push sharp wood particle(2-3mm length, and diameter is 0.6mm) to push skin and stick in the layer of skin.
According to my knowldege, it is impossible for that particle to be stuck in the layer of skin.
First particle is very light that it doesn't have enough power to push particle into skin.
and the velocity 70cmm/s is not enough enough to push partice into skin.
What is your comment.
when we throw sharp lancet or needle to skin, it could be stuck in the layer of skin, but only very sharp tip... no more deeper..
Last question is
if particle stuck in the skin... liquid hit the particle continuously... does it have enough power to push particle into more skin...
I am very curious.. velocity 70cmm/s has enough power for that.
Thank you very much.

Look, you can't predict this.  You have provided no information about the sharpness of the wood particle in question, just its dimensions.  The sharpness of the edge should be measured in much smaller numbers.  The velocity would work just fine.  There's no way to know unless you know how sharp the tip is, and you don't know how many nanometers or micrometers the tip is wide.  Those are a factor of 1000 apart, so that's a huge range.

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson

I can answer most basic physics questions, physics questions about science fiction and everyday observations of physics, etc. I'm also usually good for science fair advice (I'm the regional science fair director). I do not answer homework problems. I will occasionally point out where a homework solution went wrong, though. I'm usually good at explaining odd observations that seem counterintuitive, energy science, nuclear physics, nuclear astrophysics, and alternative theories of physics are my specialties.

I was a physics professor at the University of Texas of the Permian Basin, research in nuclear technology and nuclear astrophysics. My travelling science show saw over 20,000 students of all ages. I taught physics, nuclear chemistry, radiation safety, vacuum technology, and answer tons of questions as I tour schools encouraging students to consider careers in science. I moved on to a non-academic job with more research just recently.

Ph. D. from Duke University in physics, research in nuclear astrophysics reactions, gamma-ray astronomy technology, and advanced nuclear reactors.