Physics/Viscous Flow

Question
If you have 2 plastic balls with the same outer surface but one is filled with water and the other one is empty and you released them, from rest, down the same slope, the ball with the water would accelerate more due to viscous flow right? If that is the case then would a ball that is fairly(but not completely) filled with sand accelerate faster than the empty ball and why? would there be a similar effect?
Thanks

Answer
No, that's not it. A solid sphere has a lower moment of inertia than a shell. Classic physics problem. The higher moment of intertia is always slower. Same mass, harder to turn. If you fill a sphere with anything, the gravitational force is higher, increasing the applied torque. But the moment of inertia doesn't increase as much, since you have more mass near the center. It spins easier, like a figure skater who pulls their arms close. So filling = faster.

Physics

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson