This is not homework.  We know that Gravity is pushing.

If a quantum particle hits the earth from outer space at the speed of light (just hypothetically)(not infinite mass) and it was accelerating at 9.8 m/s

What's the equation to figure out the "Distance" into space that it first began to accelerate towards earth ?

Thanks, your choice to volunteer is immensely appreciated.

I'm not sure what you mean by gravity "pushing."  Alternate theories of gravity involving pushing have been roundly disproven.  Your unit of acceleration should also be 9.8 m/s^2.  Since you're just giving acceleration and not the velocity at which it hits the Earth, then there is no equation to determine that distance at which the object began to accelerate towards the Earth.

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson

I can answer most basic physics questions, physics questions about science fiction and everyday observations of physics, etc. I'm also usually good for science fair advice (I'm the regional science fair director). I do not answer homework problems. I will occasionally point out where a homework solution went wrong, though. I'm usually good at explaining odd observations that seem counterintuitive, energy science, nuclear physics, nuclear astrophysics, and alternative theories of physics are my specialties.

I was a physics professor at the University of Texas of the Permian Basin, research in nuclear technology and nuclear astrophysics. My travelling science show saw over 20,000 students of all ages. I taught physics, nuclear chemistry, radiation safety, vacuum technology, and answer tons of questions as I tour schools encouraging students to consider careers in science. I moved on to a non-academic job with more research just recently.

Ph. D. from Duke University in physics, research in nuclear astrophysics reactions, gamma-ray astronomy technology, and advanced nuclear reactors.