Physics/Physics

Question
Respected Dr,Stephen... I am in 9th grade and there is a simple question in our book but its answer is not given. The question is "Why do we study Physics?" I know its a very simple question but I am searching for a perfect answer. I searched it in Internet but all the answers were of very higher level but I am in 9 grade and till 8th class we had not separate subject for Physics and it was General Science. I hope you will answer the question in simple words. Have good day.

Answer
We study physics because we're curious about how things work.  Physics is the science of how things work.  So on an intellectual level, studying physics is satisfying because it answers questions for us about how things work.  In a more practical sense, it's terribly useful for engineering.  If we need to create a machine to do a job or perform a function, knowledge of physics is where we start when we plan to build it.  This leads to all sorts of things that we find useful every day, like computers and cars.

Physics

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson