Physics/Coanda Effect v/s Static Pressure

Does the force on an object/object's surface due to the Coanda Effect always outweigh the opposite force of static pressure from the moving fluid ?

Hello Ronit,

I believe the answer to your question is "yes". However, since you include "always" in your question, I have this nagging fear that someone may be able to think of even a single case where the Coanda Effect does NOT outweigh the opposite force of static pressure. If so, my answer should be "no, not always". I can not think of such a case, but it may exist.

I hope this helps,

Steve Johnson

I would be delighted to help with questions up through the first year of college Physics. Particularly Electricity, Electronics and Newtonian Mechanics (motion, acceleration etc.). I decline questions on relativity and Atomic Physics. I also could discuss the Space Shuttle and space flight in general.

I have a BS in Physics and an MS in Electrical Engineering. I am retired now. My professional career was in Electrical Engineering with considerable time spent working with accelerometers, gyroscopes and flight dynamics (Physics related topics) while working on the Space Shuttle. I gave formal classroom lessons to technical co-workers periodically over a several year period.

BS Physics, North Dakota State University
MS Electrical Engineering, North Dakota State University