Physics/electron a particle and wave?

Can an electron be both a particle and a wave or is this only true for a photon?

This is true for an electron, as well.  This was, in fact, the chief finding of the doctoral dissertation of Louis de Broglie, in an amazingly short (27 pages) example of a dissertation.  The university tried to dismiss him for this crazy idea (which is true), getting a second opinion on the dissertation from Einstein.  Einstein, however, recognized the genius of de Broglie (who later earned the Nobel Prize for it).  Remember, photons and electrons both have a wave nature.  The "particle" part just means that the whole wave interacts and cannot be simply split into parts.

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson

I can answer most basic physics questions, physics questions about science fiction and everyday observations of physics, etc. I'm also usually good for science fair advice (I'm the regional science fair director). I do not answer homework problems. I will occasionally point out where a homework solution went wrong, though. I'm usually good at explaining odd observations that seem counterintuitive, energy science, nuclear physics, nuclear astrophysics, and alternative theories of physics are my specialties.

I was a physics professor at the University of Texas of the Permian Basin, research in nuclear technology and nuclear astrophysics. My travelling science show saw over 20,000 students of all ages. I taught physics, nuclear chemistry, radiation safety, vacuum technology, and answer tons of questions as I tour schools encouraging students to consider careers in science. I moved on to a non-academic job with more research just recently.

Ph. D. from Duke University in physics, research in nuclear astrophysics reactions, gamma-ray astronomy technology, and advanced nuclear reactors.