Physics/Fan not working properly.

I change the fan regulator,bearing but fan slowly rotating in 1,2,3,4 steps in regulator, fan rotating in 5 steps. I check regulator  good conditions.
I don't no why fan slowly speed in 1,2,3,4 steps and high speed in 5 steps?

This is really more of a question for an electrician.  There's no physics here, the way it's been asked.  Perhaps you can explain more fully what you mean by the fact that it's slowly rotating and then rotating, it's not clear.  Also what you mean by steps.

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson

I can answer most basic physics questions, physics questions about science fiction and everyday observations of physics, etc. I'm also usually good for science fair advice (I'm the regional science fair director). I do not answer homework problems. I will occasionally point out where a homework solution went wrong, though. I'm usually good at explaining odd observations that seem counterintuitive, energy science, nuclear physics, nuclear astrophysics, and alternative theories of physics are my specialties.

I was a physics professor at the University of Texas of the Permian Basin, research in nuclear technology and nuclear astrophysics. My travelling science show saw over 20,000 students of all ages. I taught physics, nuclear chemistry, radiation safety, vacuum technology, and answer tons of questions as I tour schools encouraging students to consider careers in science. I moved on to a non-academic job with more research just recently.

Ph. D. from Duke University in physics, research in nuclear astrophysics reactions, gamma-ray astronomy technology, and advanced nuclear reactors.