Physics/Smallest Natural Engergy Source

Question
QUESTION: For purposes of a non-academic writing project, I would like to know what the smallest and most powerful known natural energy source is. Is it an atom? Is it something else?

ANSWER: Smallest and "most powerful" are contradictory.  I'd need more context.  Obviously a supernova is far more powerful than a single atom, but much larger.  What's important here?  Do you just need something with really tiny size, like a single subatomic (unstable) particle which can decay to give energy?  Are you talking about raw power, like a supernova?  Or do you mean a usable energy source of some kind that can be harnessed?

QUESTION: Let me ask the question in a different way: What is the smallest element that can produce energy?

I am writing a poem.

Answer
As in naturally-ocurring (in ridiculously microscopic quantities) element?  That would be tritium (radioactive hydrogen), unless you want to go exotic and propose positronium (bound positrons and electrons, which annihilate pretty quickly (not stable enough to use).

Physics

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson