Physics/over weight azle

Good Morning, Need this question answered in a hurry. I drive a 18 wheeler. My question is- If my truck is loaded and total weight of the truck and trailer is 79,900 lbs, and I am parked on a road with a slight degree of a incline. Enough that you have to apply the brakes from rolling backwards. Because of the slight incline of the road, can the applied pressure of the weight against the brakes add weight? Because the brakes are adding pressure? I was told this may be true. I have received a ticket saying that one of my azles was over weight. I may have to pay a stiff fine for this. I don't have that kind of money. Please let me know anything you find!! Thank you very very much

Sorry about the delay, I can't seem to keep these from going to my spam folder.  Anyhow, usually the weight would be evenly distributed amongst the axles (I believe that's what you are referring to as azles).  In the case of an incline, there should be no increase in force on one of the axles over the others.  In practical terms there will be a small increase in the rearmost axle due to tire pressure and settling factors, but it should be very small. There's no reason for someone to believe that you have one overweight if your whole truck is not overweight, otherwise it would rotate.  That wouldn't make any sense.

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson

I can answer most basic physics questions, physics questions about science fiction and everyday observations of physics, etc. I'm also usually good for science fair advice (I'm the regional science fair director). I do not answer homework problems. I will occasionally point out where a homework solution went wrong, though. I'm usually good at explaining odd observations that seem counterintuitive, energy science, nuclear physics, nuclear astrophysics, and alternative theories of physics are my specialties.

I was a physics professor at the University of Texas of the Permian Basin, research in nuclear technology and nuclear astrophysics. My travelling science show saw over 20,000 students of all ages. I taught physics, nuclear chemistry, radiation safety, vacuum technology, and answer tons of questions as I tour schools encouraging students to consider careers in science. I moved on to a non-academic job with more research just recently.

Ph. D. from Duke University in physics, research in nuclear astrophysics reactions, gamma-ray astronomy technology, and advanced nuclear reactors.